What is Ultra-widefield retinal imaging?
With traditional, small-field, and even widefield retinal imaging, only 10-100⁰ of the retina can be captured in a single image. optomap is the only true, clinically validated, ultra-widefield retinal image than can capture 82% or 200⁰ of the retina, in a single capture, in each imaging modality – an increase of 50% over the next closest imaging device1. With optomap auto-montage, up to 97% or 220⁰ of the retina can be imaged with the multi-capture, montaging functionality.
- The only anatomically correct 200⁰ or 82% image of the retina
- Simultaneous view of the central pole, mid-periphery and periphery
- Integrated hardware & software platform
- Multiple retinal imaging modalities to see more, discover more, and treat more patient diseases and pathologies, more effectively
- With more than 500 published and ongoing clinical trials, as well as thousands of case studies and testimonials, show the long-term value of optomap imaging in diagnosis, treatment planning, and patient engagement
The first image below shows the image we get when we don’t do the Optomap. The image below that shows the view we get with the Optomap. The Optomap image can be zoomed into anywhere for a high resolution image.